This is a fantastic way to see northern Vietnam – you require a reasonable level of fitness, however the roads are mostly flat and easy to ride. By taking to the roads and cycling from the capital Hanoi to the former Imperial capital of Hue, you will see life as it truly. Our fleet of modern European road bikes ensures you get the most out of the trip in terms of comfort and enjoyment.
Day 1: Hanoi – Ninh Binh / Hoa Lu & Tam Coc (33km cycling) ( L , D )
In the morning pick up from your hotel and we drive out to Ninh Binh town, from here we take to our bikes and cycle to the picturesque setting of Hoa Lu. We will then cycling the off beaten track from Hoa Lu to Tam Coc town, grasp a refreshing lunch and continue our afternoon with a boat trip to sunshine valley. Overnight in Ninh Binh town .
Day 2: Ninh Binh – Thanh Hoa (60km – 80km cycling) (B,L,D)
Today we’ll cycle the 80km to the town of Thanh Hoa. We’ll cycle through spectacular limestone mountains and lush green rice paddies. The cycling is flat and very easy. Overnight in Thanh Hoa
Day 3: Thanh Hoa – Vinh (60km cycling) (B,L,D)
We drive for the first 85km Quynh Luu town. From there we cycle to Dien Chau where we have lunch. In the afternoon we cycle to Cua Lo with its white sandy beach and the town of Vinh in Nghe An province.
Day 4:Vinh – Dong Hoi (100km cycling) (B,L,D)
As with yesterday we begin our journey by bus to the small town of Ky Anh. We then revert to peddle power to negotiate the Ngang Pass. Our destination for tonight is the fishing port of Dong Hoi.
Day 5: Dong Hoi – Phong Nha – Dong Hoi (90km cycling) (B,L,D)
Following breakfast we cycle the 44km to the spectacular Phong Nha cave. The cave is probably the most beautiful and certainly the largest in Vietnam. UNESCO recently designated the area as the country’s fifth World Heritage Site. We continue cycling to Dong Hoi along part of the famous Ho Chi Minh Trail which is very much enjoyable quiet and relaxing.
Day 6: Dong Hoi – Dong Ha (50km cycling) (B,L,D)
Today we’ll cycle south along Highway 1 using both our bicycles and our support vehicle. We reach the town of Dong Ha where we stay for the night. In reaching Dong Ha we pass through the DMZ (Demilitarized Zone) and Vinh Moc Tunnels, scenes of the bitterest fighting during the American War.
Day 7: Dong Ha – Hue (70km cycling) (B,L,D)
Today we’ll cycle straight to the former Imperial capital and cultural center of Vietnam, Hue.
Day 8: Depart Hue (B)
The tour ends after breakfast.
Tour price : 985 Usd / Persons
Group Size : 2 to 10 Travelers
Price Included :
- Hotel accommodation on a twin sharing basis using 2 and 3 star hotels
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary (B = Breakfast), (L = :Lunch ) and (D = Dinner )
- Mountain bicycle & helmet
- Support all transfers and transport.( Van or Bus )
- Services of an English speaking tour leader throughout
- Sightseeing excursions as outlined in itinerary
- Reasonable supply of bottled water in ice box on vehicle
- Entrance fees at monuments and parks where applicable,sightseeing fees.
Price Not Included :
- Expenses of a personal nature such as table drinks, laundry, telephone calls, Internet charges, mineral water, tips, shopping.
- Any other meals or services not mentioned in the itinerary or ‘includes’ list.
- Any airfares
- Any airport taxes
- Any subsequent increase in airfares, fuel costs
- Travel Insurance
- Visa Fees
- Any Christmas, New Year and Gala Dinners