Discover Quang Dien, one of the most scenic villages surrounding Hue, known for its architecture and stunning landscape. Explore the town by bike, stopping to visit a local school and help the farmers working the fields. With a chance to cruise the waters, and try your hand at fishing, on Tam Giang Lagoon, as well as an afternoon spent relaxing beachside, this is the ultimate city escape.
- Bike Tour through the quaint streets of Quang Dien.
- Meet the kids at the local school.
- Help the farmers tend the fields.
- Learn about the importance of sustainable agriculture.
- Experience rural Vietnamese life.
- Take a sampan cruise of Tam Giang Lagoon.
- Try your luck throwing a traditional fishing net.
- Local Life & Culture, Biking & Orientation, Local Food
Goup sizer: Maximum 12
- Duration: 7-8 hours
- Meeting point: Pick up at centrally located hotels in Hue City
- Start time: 8.00 AM-8.30 AM
- Finish point: Drop off at centrally located hotels in Hue City
Escape the hustle of Hue for Quang Dien, a peaceful village known for its beautiful architecture, stunning surrounds and friendly locals. Take a bus out to the village, winding through quaint towns and passing the majestic Tam Giang Lagoon en route.
[Bike Tour] On arrival, jump onboard a bike to get acquainted with the town, stopping to explore a traditional old house and to chat with the locals. Call by the village school to meet the kids before heading to the vegetable field to learn about the crops that are fundamental to the local community. Meet one of the farmers to further discover the important role agriculture and sustainability play in this society.
Roll up your sleeves to lend a hand with the garden tasks, from watering the vegetables to helping to harvest crops. Head to a local family’s home to enjoy a traditional lunch of seafood, vegetables and herbs, all purchased from the village market or sourced from the landlady’s own garden.
Enjoy this shared meal, then walk it all off with a stroll through town or simply relax at the house. Fully refreshed it’s time to hit the water with a sampan cruise on Tam Giang Lagoon. Call by a fish and prawn farm and help the fishermen haul up their catch ready to sell at market. Get a lesson in how to throw a fish net, then try your luck to catch a fish in the lagoon.
After a day of farming and fishing, spend the afternoon relaxing on the shores of the Quang Dien Wild beach, which is known for its white sand and clear waters. This quiet spot is well away from the crowds, and is the perfect place to relax and unwind. If the water proves to be chilly, head inland to the hot springs near Thuan An beach.
Either way, you’re guaranteed to end the tour completely relaxed after a day experiencing life in the Vietnamese countryside. Drag yourself away from the warm waters for the journey back to Hue where this tour comes to an end.
- English speaking guide
- Entrance fees as indicated
- Transport as indicated
- Items of a personal nature, tips or gratuities for drivers or guide
Additional information :
- Voucher exchange details: Please present your voucher to the local guide at the beginning of the trip.
- Confirmation of booking: Please us contact to confirm your trip 24 hours prior to departure.
- Dress standard: Light & Comfortable. Swimming gears are needed.
- Children must be aged between 6 and 11 years inclusively
- Children below the age of 6 are not permitted on this tour.